Your backup, archive, object storage and other uses of secondary storage have been consuming an alarming amount of IT resources. To manage this data, you’ve been relying on a traditional scale-up architecture frequently adding purpose-built hardware as needs dictate. It’s difficult to operate efficiently, cost-effectively and meet your service level agreements in this situation. Adding more hardware and IT staff isn’t a sustainable solution. Your growing data volume is overwhelming your resources and being locked in to a specific storage platform is accelerating your costs. Meanwhile, you’re moving forward without tackling the core issue: an outdated data protection and management strategy built on a scale-up infrastructure.
With Commvault HyperScale™ Technology, you can build a unified, modern data protection solution. Delivered as either a converged Commvault appliance or through our trusted network of partners, it provides on-premises scale-out backup and recovery for greater scale, flexibility and cost.
Your scale-up strategy for protecting data on-premises or in the cloud is directly causing:
- Overbuying capacity to address future growth or underestimating your storage needs
- Missing service levels due to difficulty in scaling infrastructure for operational needs
- Multiple data silos preventing the integration of applications, data and infrastructure
- Inability to migrate to the cloud or deliver new and faster services
- Complex management and operations require additional staff for even simple tasks
By shifting the data protection and secondary storage infrastructure to Commvault HyperScale™ Technology, a scale-out architecture, you can go a long way in transforming your environment to be as operationally efficient, resilient and scalable as a public cloud infrastructure.
With Commvault HyperScale™ Technology, you can build a unified, modern data protection platform that delivers cloud-like characteristics on-premises. By building these services on a scale-out infrastructure and leveraging Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery capabilities, you’ll enable:
- Cloud-like agility, resiliency, availability and scale for on-premises data and applications
- Greater end-user efficiency with automation, self-service capabilities and customizable SLAs
- Improved hardware utilization and optimized costs from general-purpose compute and storage
- Seamless storage scalability with predictable performance
- Better, more secure data protection, utilization and movement by eliminating data silos
- Modern scale-out storage infrastructure to protect your data wherever it lives and instantly restore it anywhere it’s needed
- Simplify installation, administration and support; deploy and setup in 30 minutes
- Eliminate the expense of proprietary storage and single-function point products
- Put an end to expensive, complex and risky forklift upgrades
- Enjoy the benefits of Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery for better data protection
By bringing a scale-out infrastructure to Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery, you are able to support the broadest mix of applications, operating systems, hypervisors, cloud platforms and storage arrays. Available as software or an appliance, Commvault HyperScale™ Technology makes it easy to protect your entire physical, virtual, hyperconverged and cloud environment. With Commvault HyperScale™ Technology, you can implement a unified, modern data protection and management solution that delivers greater resiliency, availability and scale with predictable performance and economics.